Karns Volunteer Fire Department
There are currently eighty-eight members in the department. Members have varying Tennessee fire certifications and medical licensures. Included in the membership are...
- Sixteen Tennessee Certified Firefighter Level I
- Twenty One Tennessee Certified Firefighter Level II, Journeyman
- Three Tennessee Certified Firefighter Instructor I
- Three Tennessee Certified Firefighter Officer I
- Ten Licensed Paramedics
- Twenty-six Licensed Emergency Medical Technician's - IV Therapy
- Two Licensed Emergency Medical Technician's
- Eleven Certified First Responders
Our current Officers
Become a Firefighter (Download an application here)
Are you at least 18 years old and interested in applying for membership?
Or are you are at least 14 years old and want to become an Explorer? (Download an application here)
Then call 691-1333, stop by any station or e-mail us. Learn more about the requirements of our firefighters.
You may also click here for an online application. (*.PDF, 1.34MB) You will need
Download Adobe Acrobat® free!
Just print the page, fill it out and mail it in to the address on the application.
* You must live in close proximity to the Karns community to be considered for membership
** If you are interested in being part of the Explorer program, fill out the online application and write "Explorer" at the top of the form.